Friday, February 11, 2011

GNOMEO AND JULIET THE MOVIE

WE HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM WATCHING THE FUN, MUSICALLY INTERESTING, CUTE MOVIE GNOMEO AND JULIET.    I am not a movie critic by any means and this is ONLY MY opinion and oh yes, I am a bit biased as my son was one of the animators who created this movie, but I really did enjoy this movie and thought it was quite well made.    

Now let me tell you that I have never in my adult years liked ANY CARTOON OR ANIMATION OF ANY KIND.  So when my son decided he wanted to be a movie animator this created a bit of a dilema for me as I thought, "man what am I going to do when his movies come out"  do I go and be totally bored for 11/2 hours and show my support or not go and he feels rejected.    So like a good mother, I suck it up and show my support, but to my surprise I find that each movie he makes it seems to get better.  

The first movie we went to see was Space Chimps, that I could not tolerate and fell asleep just after it started, he wasn;t there with us so I told him that yes I fell asleep, but was proud of him. 

Second movie was Tim Burton's movie "9".    Again this was a bit of a weird movie, as Tim Burton's movies, usually are,  BUT I did not fall asleep and quite liked that movie.   Again told him he did an awesome job as he was not with us either.    

This movie I was quite looking forward to, as it was the first movie of his that actually opened in our home town of LLoydminster and as luck would have it he was home visiting, so we all got to go together. The local paper had written an article on him that came out this past monday and this Friday (tonight) we went to see the movie.   First thing we saw when we went in was the cashiers were wearing Gnomeo hats, very cool, Cayle asked to have one and the lady said she new who he was and gave him her hat.   We got a picture with him in his hat and the other cashier in hers.   After the movie Cayle got to see behind the scenes of our movie theater and she gave him a huge Gnomeo poster to keep, again very cool.   There were a few people who recognized him from the news article and were doing some finger pointing, again really cool.    After the show I wore the hat outside the theater and took pictures with Cayle in front of the poster, where a young man told us he had already seen the movie and he liked it.  I told the boy that Cayle was one of the animators and it was cool to see his expression, I think Cayle might have made his night.  

And yes not only did I stay awake for the movie, I was bebopping to the tunes and humming along.  The little gnomes do some dancing in the movie too.     The story was about Gnomeo, a blue and Juliet a red how they met, fell in love amongst the feuding between the two groups.  There is a wicked lawn mower racing scene with the music of "Saturday's all right for fighting" and some dancing.  Elton John and Lady Gaga do a duet as well.  

Anyway I would give this movie a definite 4/5 stars.      When the movie ended there was a little girl behind us who said to her mom "that was a good movie mom, I want to see it again".   That made Cayle's night! 

Don't forget about the draw I am having if you live in the LLoydminster area, our family is giving away a family movie pass to see the movie.   Follow my blog or comment on this blog below with the answer of 2 x 2 and your name will be entered.  Please tell your friends to come to my blog:  http://www.justforyoureview.blogspot.com/ and do the same and mention that you sent them, you will get another entry.   You can also go to my facbook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Especially-for-you-Reviews-and-News/155775294456795  and "like" my page then comment with the answer of 10 x 10.   Good luck.           Can't wait for Cayle's next movie to come out.     Bye for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment