Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PINKFIREDESIGNS

Good evening everyone,
I cannot tell you how excited I am!!!  I received a beautiful necklace in the mail the other day from a very talented, stay-at-home mom who designs her own pieces.   Her name is Keri White and she is a jewelry designer with a passion for gemstones, vintage finds, exotic woods, metal and any other materials that she can get her hands on!   Her business is called PINKFIRE DESIGNS.   Absolutely fabulous!!!!

I had only seen a picture of the necklace, so when I opened the package, I was more than pleasantly surprised to reveal the most unique, interesting and well made piece of jewellery I had ever seen!  The necklace was long and made with an array of  metal chain and wire of different shapes and sizes,   mixed with beads.  As it was made for a valentines day giveaway, there was a valentines day theme to it with 3 completely different heart shapes hanging in different areas on the necklace,  mixed with red and clear beads and other dangly shapes. By the look of the chain a person would expect it to be heavy, but it is very light.   It is feminine enough for those of us who like to look pretty and just casual enough for those who want to be individual and funky. 
What makes this so much more enjoyable to me is that she is Canadian, Swift Current Saskatchewan to be exact. Buying canadian is where it's at especially from a stay-at-home mom!! I also believe she is aiding in the enviornmental cause, because she is  incorporating materials and vintage pieces that she finds, into her designs.  She is using more vintage pieces lately because of the unique shapes and detail in them.  Plus, she says, it is fun hunting for something unique and rare to create a modern piece out of it.
She got started like other people, doing this work as a hobby.  She always thought it would be fun to design something. As people noticed her hobby, she started getting requests and from there she thought that maybe she could make a little extra to stay at home with her children.   From her little hobby, she started selling on Etsy and now has her pieces in various stores in Saskatchewan and most recently in BC.   
I'm so glad I came across this young WAHM (work-at-home mom) so that I could tell all of you about her and not to mention that I have already picked out another one of her creations.    
Go to facebook and google her page  pinkfiredesigns  and when your there comment that Especially for you-Reviews and News sent you.    She has also started a website at http://www.pinkfiredesigns.ca/.   

Picture of my necklace at the end of this site.  Scroll down. 
Have a good sleep everyone.  Until next time.    Ange.  

No comments:

Post a Comment